2017 Comedy Application
2017 Music Application
2017 Visual Arts Application
The 2017 Femme Wave Visual Arts Programming will considering themes of resistance, empowerment, and protest. This will build upon the plurality for defining femme identities explored in the 2016 programming.
Femme Wave’s Visual Arts Programming is committed to supporting the visual and creative practices of women, trans, and nonbinary people.
Submissions should be project specific but can centre around either existing or proposed work. There is no maximum or minimum word requirements for your submission documents, be concise but use the space that you need to communicate your idea best. If you require assistance with your submission please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Femme Wave pays an artist fee of $100 and provides artists with a festival wristband.
Submissions should include the following:
- Project description. Please include specific technical/installation requirements if any.
- Artist statement, either project specific or more general to your practice.
- CV (optional)
- 3-5 Images of proposed work, if work has yet to be completed please submit images that showcase your creative practice.
- Any other additional information you think we might need to understand your project and your intentions for it.
Please email your submission to Dana Buzzee at email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MIDNIGHT JUNE 30 2017
2017 Workshop Facilitator Application
Femme Wave is looking for individuals or groups to share their radical skills and secret talents by teaching a workshop during our all ages workshops day. Workshops can be on any topic, but are ideally inspired by feminism, activism, art, or diversity. People with multiple marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply, especially those whose work aligns with our vision. You do not need to be an expert and we encourage all levels of interest and experiences to apply, you will have support in planning and facilitating your workshop if you need.
The role of a facilitator is to lead the co-learning of a group. As a Facilitator, your role will be:
- Plan and facilitate a 1-2 hour workshop.
- Work with the Workshops Coordinator to plan details.
- Assist in setup and takedown of your workshop.
- Ensure the workshop is a safe, welcoming, and inclusive space for everyone to participate.
- Provide an engaging and non-judgemental learning experience for participants.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JULY 15 2017